MCA ENG1 – Seafarer Medical Certificate

Get a medical – You will need your ENG1 or ML5 medical certificate to work at sea. The certificate is issued by an approved doctor on behalf of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency ( MCA ). The medical examination takes roughly one our and the certificate is issued on the day.

We’ve made it very easy to find your local MCA Approved doctor Click Here

Or check out the .gov website where this information originates. The ML5 report and certificate form can be obtained from any MCA Marine Office or downloaded from the MCA website.


The STCW 2010 is a requirement to work on board most super yachts and includes first aid, fire safety and security awareness. For more information and to book a local course Click Here